<p>The collection contains a manuscript copy of the entire Kanjur canon and many religious and philosophical literatures including a great number of works by local Bhutanese scholars. Since the foundation of Thadrak temple by gSang sngags rGya mtsho at the end of the 17th century, the temple was governed by his nephew and subsequently by his descendants. Like some of the oldest Tibetan monastic establishments, this temple was passed down from uncle to nephew. This practice has died out in other places replaced by patrilineal or incarnation lines. From the physical appearance of the books, they were mostly produced in Bhutan approximately between 1650 and 1950 CE, and in the local area. 143 volumes of manuscripts on paper in loose leaf poti format.</p><p>Dates of original material: Approximately 1650 - 1950 CE</p><p>Script(s) of material: Tibetan dBu can and dBu med 'bru tsha scripts.</p>.