الدفاع al-Difāʿ (1934-1955)

The series contains digital images of 282 issues of the newspaper al-Difā', originally published April 1934 - July 1955. al-Difā' ('Defence') was established by Ibrahim al-Shanti in Jaffa in 1934, and ceased publication in 1967. One of the most prominent newspapers in Palestine during the British Mandate, by 1946 it had a daily circulation of between 6,000 and 10,000 copies. al-Difā' was one of three newspapers (the others being Filaṣṭin and al-Ṣirāṭ al-Mustaqīm) which the British authorities allowed to publish during the Second World War.
Showing 1 to 15 of 282 results