The Preservation Advisory Centre published some extremely useful guidance booklets on a variety of conservation issues. The topics cover basic preservation techniques, salvaging collections, environmental management, caring for books, photographs and much more.
The Hill Museum and Manuscript Library have produced a wealth of resources that are vital if you are considering a digitisation project.
IFLA Guidelines for Planning the Digitisation of Rare Book and Manuscript Collections (in English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Italian, Korean, Portuguese and Turkish)
When you are cataloguing and providing the metadata for an EAP project, you will need to access these websites:
- The Library of Congress transliteration tables for non-Roman scripts
- Library of Congress Subject Headings
Other organisations and programmes
- Documenting Global Voices
- Endangered Languages Documentation Programme
- Endangered Archaeology in the Middle East and North Africa
- Hill Museum & Manuscript Library
- IFLA Risk Register for Documentary Cultural Heritage
- International Digital Ephemera Project
- Prince Claus Fund
- UNESCO - Memory of the World Register