Here is a list of academic and press articles, podcasts and so on that refer to EAP material. Authors and researchers can help us to add to this list by emailing: email@example.com
- Bazarov, A (2018) "The Buddhist Book Culture of the Average Person and Buryat Identity" in Sibirica, Volume 18 pp16-35 DOI:10.3167/sib.2018.170303
- Biagetti, S., Kaci, A., Mori, L., & di Lernia, S. (2012) "Writing the desert: the ‘Tifinagh’ rock inscriptions of the Tadrart Acacus (southwestern Libya)" in Azania: Archaeological Research in Africa, Vol 47, 2012, Issue 2
- Butler M and Bliss D.A (2018) "Digital Resources: The Hijuelas Collection" in Latin American History, Oxford Research Encyclopedias DOI:10.1093/acrefore/9780199366439.013.618.
- Cramaussel, C (ed) (2022) CONQUISTA Y POBLAMIENTO. Los primeros registros parroquiales y demás fuentes tempranas para la historia demográfica del centro y norte de la Nueva España, siglos XVI – XVIII El Colegio De Michoacán ISBN/ISSN: 978-607-544-144-3
Counsel, G. (2019) "Digital archives in Africa and the Endangered Archives Programme" in The Routledge International Handbook of New Digital Practices in Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums and Heritage Sites Routledge DOI: 10.4324/9780429506765-15
- Fathurahman, O. (2018) "Female Indonesian Sufis: Shattariyah Murids in the 18th and 19th Centuries in Java" in Kyoto Bulletin of Islamic Area Studies, Kyoto University, Issue 11
- Gallop, A Teh (2020) "Shifting landscapes: remapping the writing traditions of Islamic Southeast Asia through digitisation." Humaniora, 2020, 32 (2): 97-109. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22146/jh.55487
- Hijjas, M. (2017) "Marks of many hands: Annotation in the Malay manuscript tradition and a Sufi compendium from West Sumatra" in Indonesia and the Malay World, Vol 45, 2017, Issue 132
- Jerkov, A and Milnovic V (2018), “Using Innovative Technologies in Preservation and Presentation of Endangered Archives” Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Revised Selected Papers, Springer-Nature Verlag, Vol. 10605.
- Levi, A and Innis, T (2020) "Decolonizing the Archival Record about the Enslaved: Digitizing the Barbados Mercury Gazette" in Archipelagos Journal, Issue 4
- Love, P (2019) "Ibadi Manuscripts in Non-Ibadi Libraries" in Ibadi Studies blog
- Mishra, S. and Raj Y (2017) "Gayalal Papers, 1940–1969 v.s.: Life at a Low Rung in XIX Century Military Bureaucracy" in Studies in Nepali History and Society, Vol 22, Number 2 (ISSN: 1025-5109) pp 399-470
- Ngom, F. (2017) "West African Manuscripts in Arabic and African Languages and Digital Preservation" in African History, Oxford Research Encyclopedias
- Ngom, F. and Castro, C. (2019) "Beyond African orality: Digital preservation of Mandinka ʿAjamī archives of Casamance" in History Compass 17.8.
- Ngom, F. and Castro, C. (2019) "Beyond African orality: Digital preservation of Mandinka ʿAjamī archives of Casamance" in History Compass DOI:https://doi.org/10.1111/hic3.12584
- Nicolae, C.I (2020) "Photography and Archaeology in Romania" in PhotoResearcher, No. 34 ESHPH. European Society for the History of Photography
- Payton, C A, Eller, A and Clorméus, L A (2022) "Many Lifetimes of Knowledge: The History of the Bibliothèque Haïtienne des Frères de l’Instruction Chrétienne’s Newspaper Collection and Its Digital Future" in Archipelagos Journal, Issue 6
- Peacock, A.C.S. (2019) "Arabic Manuscripts from Buton, Southeast Sulawesi, and the Literary Activities of Sultan Muḥammad ʿAydarūs (1824–1851)" in Journal of Islamic Manuscripts, Volume 10: Issue 1, pp 44-83 Brill DOI:https://doi.org/10.1163/1878464X-01001005
- Philips, J. (2014). "The Early Issues of the First Newspaper in Hausa Gaskiya ta fi Kwabo, 1939–1945" History in Africa, 41, 425-431.
- Qobo, CKM (2010), “Challenges of Digitizing the Endangered Lesotho Royal Archives.” ESARBICA Journal 29.
- Robinson, G (2014), “Break the rules, save the records: human rights archives and the search for justice in East Timor.” Archival Science 14.3-4.
- Silva, S (2018), “Endangered Archives Programme: experiências arquivísticas e a digitalização de documentos históricos na Paraíba” Revista Acesso Livre No. 9.
- Suliman, R (2019), “Renewal of the 14-year journey of the endangered archives programme.” Alexandria: The Journal of National and International Library and Information Issues 1.11.
- Thapa, S (2015), “Endangered Archives Programme and Digitisation of EAP676: Manuscripts in Nepal”, Abhilekha, No. 33 (2072 VS).
- Zeitlin, D (2008), “Archiving a Cameroonian Photographic Studio With the Help of the British Library Endangered Archives Programme.” African Research and Documentation 107.
- Zeitlin, D, Coto E and Zisserman, A (2021), "Bounding an archiving: assessing the relative completeness of the Jacques Toussele archive using pattern-matching and face-recognition" Visual Studies DOI: 10.1080/1472586X.2021.1991238
EAP in the news
- (2013) "Anguillian Records Preserved on Digital System" in The Anguillian (Anguilla), 05 July 2013
- Burak, Guy (2022) "The Virtual Reading Room of the Hill Museum and Manuscript Library and the British Library’s Endangered Archives Programme", Ars Orientalis, Vol 51
- Crace, John. (2006) "Preservation Hoarders" in The Guardian (UK), 05 September 2006
- Starkey, Jerome (2012) "Mali’s Ancient lore of love and magic that al-Qaeda would like to destroy" in The Times (UK), 01 December 2012
- Campbell, Courtney (2016) "From invisible to digital: digitising endangered historical documents in Brazil" in Open Democracy, 19 May 2016
- Brazier, Caroline (2016) "The British Library and its International Collections" IFLA confererence 2016
- Cotter, Holland (2012) "A Tribute to Islam, Earthen but Transcendent" New York Times 18 April 2012
- Sulcas, Roslyn (2015) "British Library Expanding its Endangered Archives Online" New York Times 17 February 2015
- International Institute of Scocial History (2018) "Grant to Stefano Bellucci by the British Library Endangered Archives Programme" IISG 13 November 2018
- Tristan da Cunha News (2017) "All Hands’ Things: The Endangered Archives of Tristan da Cunha" 29 October 2017
- Jackson, Kyle (2012) "Digitising Endangered Historical Documents in Mizoram" Sinlung February 2012
- Culture 24 (2015) "Millions of Images from the World’s Endangered Archives Made Available Online" Culture 24 17 February 2015
Podcasts and presentations that reference EAP material
- On 26 April 2018, Dr Alex McKay, co-applicant for EAP880, gave the talk 'The View from the Palace: The Sikkim Royal Archives' at the Royal Asiatic Society, London (https://backdoorbroadcasting.net/2018/04/alex-mckay-the-view-from-the-palace-the-sikkim-royal-archives/)
- Scheider, J, R Mazuela, and P Weinberg, (2015), “Working in and with African Photo Archives.” Presentation at IFLA WLIC 2015.